Monday, September 20, 2010

Lauren Barwick (CAN) Para Equestrian Athlete and 4 star Parelli Instructor


I have been looking forward to the 2010 WEG especially since it is being held here in the USA. Since I started competing internationally in 2002, I have traveled mostly to Europe to compete against the top riders, but this time it will be a hop, skip and a jump over to Lexington. My England 2012 horse is not as of yet emotionally ready for a competition of this size so I have been trying to keep my gold and silver medal Beijing 2008 horse in training for Worlds. Maile has age and physical limitations against her, however her accuracy, with her heart and desire will help her through WEG with great results. Maile has had a fantastic 2010 show season with her highest results most recently in Canada at a 3 star International show scoring 78% in her freestyle, and overall grade 2 championship.

Her training involves mostly supelling exercises, stretching and cardio strengthening. Since this will be her last International competition with me as a grade 2 rider I have decided not to change her freestyle from the one she performed in Hong Kong winning a gold medal.

My second horse in training for WEG is L’Amistat (Manny). I have been partnered with him since January. We are still getting to know one another and he is learning to adapt well to my aids which are very different from an able bodied person. He has great technique and knows dressage well. He just needs to improve on his expression, exuberance, and communication with me, his partner.

With WEG being in the USA, I am looking forward to all the sideline support. With the competition being so close it will allow friends and family the opportunity to support all riders.

As a Para Equestrian I am ecstatic being involved in the first World games that have all the FEI sports competing at the same venue within the same time line. This is really a step forward for our sport and I hope spectators take advantage of the opportunity to be inspired and empowered by watching what is possible!!

I am fortunate that I actually get to be involved in the 2010 WEG in two ways. My sponsors and full time educational program, Parelli Natural Horsemanship will be there for the full two weeks as demonstrators. I have three other horses that will be at WEG as a part of the Parelli demo team. Before the Para Equestrian Canadian team goes into team training camp, I will participate in demos with Parelli showing their principles and the kind of foundation I believe will help a performance horse achieve their optimum potential.

Lauren Barwick – WEG Competitor: Para Dressage
Parelli Level 4 Mastery Student
2008 Gold and Silver medalist (Beijing Paralympic Games)

29 comments:

  1. We wished you the best, Lauren. You deserve it!

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 2Star Junior Trainee Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun Lauren, we'll be following you in spirit.

    Sharon Tiesdell Smith
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete
  3. I met
    lauren at a Larry Stewart clinic at Shannon Hendrickson's place a while back- just after Beijing. She is definitely NOT about being a "Para rider" - she's a dressage rider ! Period! There's a poster of her and Maille by my computer. You GO girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of the journey you have taken. You are such an inspiration to me. I have met you several times over the years at Parelli events and places. It has always been an honor and a pleasure. You will be great because you have always worked to be the best you, you can be!Enjoy your ride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From Bogota Colombia South America.
    Congratulations, success, God bless you and allow you to achieve your dreams.
    you have many followers in Bogota, I hope to see you in Lexington. We now are we beginning to sport.
    http://www.agenciadenoticias.unal.edu.co/nc/detalle/article/deporte-paraecuestre-primera-demostracion-al-pais-en-la-un/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Fanti's-- wish you the best! God Bless! www.saddlebrookhorses.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Throw away this fine quash cellular phone lookup webpage to facilitate motivation execute a reverse phone lookup cellular phone number search effortless with the intention of perform. Still families know how to finish a invalidate telephone number lookup that uncover everything you need on the subject of web pages affiliate at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy this nice reverse mobile phone lookup otherwise telephone search otherwise telephone number lookup spot. I can be trained a terrific deal of reverse phone lookup substance on transpose phone search here today what time I checked away commencing home this guide here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really approximating this post greatly and in fact I would too similar to with the purpose of grasp but you own various sort of facebook page that phone number lookup power exist able with the intention of make a repeal telephone lookup concerning so to facilitate we know how to hit upon away starting home who the site owner is along with condition with the aim of doesn't work, in the whole thing probability by means of a telephone lookup to get what kind of twitter legend they valor be in possession of while well power be real a excellent theory. In addition to last rider not least know how to yet attempt not in the telephone number search portions of application on hand so to facilitate we be capable of come across not in all kinds of things bringing up the rear folks weird numbers today quickly in addition to easily otherwise it's always as well late.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, I love reading your blog and wanted to leave a comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi , i got this Article , i was searching some thing relevant to this, And i am feeling lucky, as its the perfect one for what i am looking for. I will share this link on face book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz reply back as I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to know wheere u got this from. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. In the other hand, this girl looks so pretty don't think?

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is one of the highly informatics and attractive blogs that has not only educated also informed me in a very effective manner. There are very few blog like this one I have read.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your content is very useful. Thank you so much for providing plenty of useful content. I have bookmarked your site and will be without doubt coming back. Once again, I appreciate all your work and also providing a lot vital tricks for your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A comprehensively detailed and attention grabbing review that you wrote in this article. I am really convinced the way you look. The way you describe the whole thing is simple and understandable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice effort, very informative, this will help me to complete my task.

    ReplyDelete
  18. best regards. I was truly reluctant to check out your article the first time I saw the page layout of your blog. But I was greatly amazed on the post you have written. This is exactly what I've been looking for. I learned so much about it. It's very creative and exceptional.Thank you for share. have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz reply back as I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to know wheere u got this from. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. Needed to compose you a little bit of remark to help give thanks over again just for the lovely methods you have contributed on this page. This has been quite open-handed with people like you to supply without restraint what many individuals would hav lyj

    ReplyDelete
  21. Before reading this I was totally unaware of the topic. Thanks for Explaining in such a nice way.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Black Ops 2 Multiplayer tops the tip when it comes to most enchanting online games. The superior artefact some this courageous is the noesis of the participant to change the gamey according to his taste.
    gamesta

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts.
    breeches manufacturer

    ReplyDelete
  24. Woah! I’m really loving the template/theme of this blog. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s very difficult to get that “perfect balance” between usability and visual appeal. I must say you have done a fantastic job with this. Additionally, the blog loads super fast for me on Firefox. Outstanding Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is your colourful blog that brings me a lot of knowledge about living.

    ReplyDelete