Friday, June 11, 2010

The Latest from Olympic Show Jumping Gold Medalist, Beezie Madden (USA), on her European Tour


Show Jumper Beezie Madden (USA) blogs about the end of her first European Tour with her mare, Madmoiselle. More to come as she continues on her second European Tour with her gelding, Danny Boy.

Our third and final Tour 1 Super League show took place in St. Gallen Switzerland and finished last Sunday. The team was the same as in Rome and LaBaule with the exception of McLain who rode Rothchild in the Nations Cup instead of Sapphire. Since Sapphire had little to prove, Rothchild got the chance to do his first Nations Cup.

Unfortunately, we again did not have a good day as a team. The conditions were tough as it had rained most of the day on Thursday and most of Wednesday night causing the cancellation of all the classes on Thursday. They did allow the Nations Cup horses to jump a warm-up round on Thursday evening. The ground was still quite soft on Friday for the Cup, and some horses handled it well and others did not. Our first round was dismal again.

Richard had eight faults, McLain had 13, I had nine with Mademoiselle, and Mario rode anchor with five faults. The time allowed was very short and, along with the difficult conditions, made for tough jumping. The French team, however, came out firing again and was in the lead after the first round. Our second round was only slightly better.

Richard was clear, McLain had eight, I had a disappointing 13 faults, and Mario had nine. We finished a very disappointing 7th place. I think some of our horses were feeling the effects of having already done two Super League shows with a lot of traveling and not much time off.

In the Grand Prix, we had another mediocre showing. Richard placed 10th with five faults in the first round and four in the jump off. Mario also made it to the second round with four faults in the first (the top
13 from the first round came back for the jump off) and completed the jump off with eight faults. I had nine faults with Mademoiselle, so I did not have the performance I hoped for to make the team for WEG. I can't, however, be that disappointed with her since she jumped three Super League Grand Prix's, two with four faults and one with nine. Our process of getting to know each other is ongoing. And with a little more time under our belt, I feel we can be very competitive at the highest level.

My focus now has to be on Danny Boy and his performance at Rotterdam next week and later at Aachen. With good results at those two shows, he could be in striking distance of making the WEG team. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

9 comments:

  1. Are there ANY channels that we can watch show jumping/three day eventing or any of these kind of things on anymore? Or even a website that has them like the barrel racers do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...not enough equestrian events on television these days :0(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would definitely watch televised Equestrian Events. Good Luck Beezie and Danny Boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Beezie Madden,
    My name is Hannah Sensing and i am 14 years old. I just wanted to let you know that I am your BIGGEST fan! My trainers name is Wendy McCook, and we have been together for about a year now. My horse's name is The Degameister. Dega was a gift from God, and we are best friends. Dega has taken me where no other horse has. I started with Itty Bitty jumpers and started winning. We realized what talent we had with him and decided to step it up a notch. We are now competing in Childrens Jumpers. We competed at Saugerties HITS and got champion! I was and still am so proud of him, and myself! We are now competing everywhere we can and winning, and I just wanted to let you know a few things. You are my role model! I want to be just like you! I want to be in the olympics, and win a gold medal representing our country! I know that its a long shot, but you have to start somewhere! And I am not settiling for less! I aspire because of you! I am going to be at the World Equestrian Games, and watch you! I will be in the stands cheering the loudest! Thank you Champion!
    Love,
    Hannah Sensing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fritter this fine invert cell phone search webpage to willpower do a reverse phone lookup telephone number lookup straightforward with the purpose of make. Still families be capable of run through a annul telephone number search with the purpose of hit upon everything you want as regards internet pages home based nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy this nice turn around telephone search before cell phone search otherwise cell phone number lookup spot. I know how to discover greatly of cell phone lookup things about reverse telephone search here today at what time I checkered elsewhere this guide here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really similar to this post to a exalted extent as well as in fact I would too resembling with the intention of be aware of stipulation you be in possession of some sort of facebook page that cell phone lookup force be alive able to facilitate achieve a switch telephone lookup with reference to so to facilitate we know how to come across away who the internet site owner is in addition to proviso with the purpose of doesn't work, maybe by means of a telephone lookup to facilitate make out what kind of twitter anecdote they force possess because well power be present a extreme theory. With last but not least know how to eternally test absent the cell phone number lookup pieces of platforms accessible so so while to we can hit upon away each kinds of substance losing folks weird numbers now quickly in addition to easily or else its also late.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog. This is a cool site and I wanted to post a little note to tell you, good job! Best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete