Wednesday, October 21, 2009

20 Questions for Vaulter, Mary McCormick

Name: Mary McCormick
Country: USA
Discipline: Vaulting

1)When did you start in your discipline?
1992

2) How did you into riding?

I met a girl at school who said she stood up on moving horses and I knew I wanted to do that.

3) Do you have any lucky riding attire?

My “Sun Team” bracelet.

4) Do you have any advice for younger riders aspiring within your discipline?

Work hard and dream big.

5) Who is your equestrian idol?

Nadia Zulow, multiple time World Vaulting Champion.

6) If there was one other discipline you could compete in, what would it be?Eventing.

7) What characteristic or quality do you value most in a horse?

Willing attitude.

8) Where will you be in 5, 10 years?

Vaulting, coaching and lunging.

9) What are 3 things you are most likely to find in your refrigerator?

String cheese, ground turkey and Diet Coke.

10) What is one thing you always take with you to horse shows/on the road?

My iPod. It’s good to visualize my performance to music wherever I am.

11) What is the coolest place in the world horseback riding has taken you?

CVI Leipzig Germany. We were part of a partner Pferd.

12) Given the chance, what horse other than your own would you like to ride/compete on?

Arkansas, a German horse.

13) What is your favorite horse show?

Nationals! I get to see my friends from all over the country.

14) What is the best/worst part about riding and showing?

The best is doing well and having my work pay off. The worst is getting out of sync with my horse because of the competition stress or environment.

15) What have horses and showing taught you?

It’s not about winning, just doing your best, being proud of your team and enjoying the journey.

16) What have been the biggest rewards of your career?

Watching my students grow and improve as people and equestrians.

17) What are you most likely to be doing if/when you’re not riding?

Dancing and climbing anywhere and everywhere.

18) How do you unwind after a long day in the saddle?

Dinner, Diet Coke and time with my horse.

19) What excites you most about the 2010 Games in Kentucky?

The possibility of representing my country IN my country.

20) Have you ever ridden any other disciplines?
Yes, Western pleasure, barrel racing and hunters.

21) What music are you currently listening to?
Country.

22) What do you think when you think about possibly riding in next year’s WEG?

I think it will be amazing and I am so excited.

23) What are you doing to try to get there?
Train hard, build solid foundations with my horse, and do my best in and out of the ring.

24) What impact do you think having WEG in the US will have on horse sports in this country?
I think/hope equestrian sports will gain popularity and awareness among American people. I hope it will help recognize equestrians as the dedicated athletes and professional athletes we are.

9 comments:

  1. you said 20 questions in the headline! and I can see 24 question above! whatever... I'm so rare with the information, just like the precision in the information, as the good reporters does, which therefore, I think the questions wasn't bad enough and you're a good blogger. I'm totally sure about this fact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thoroughly convinced in this said post. I am currently searching for ways in which I could enhance my knowledge in this said topic you have posted here. It does help me a lot knowing that you have shared this information here freely. I love the way the people here interact and shared their opinions too. I would love to track your future posts pertaining to the said topic we are able to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fritter this fine reverse telephone lookup web site with the purpose of motivation make a reverse phone lookup cell phone number search undemanding with the aim of carry out. Still families know how to pay out a rearrange cell phone number search to come across all you want with reference to sites web nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy this nice invalidate telephone lookup or cellular phone lookup before phone number search spot. I be capable of be trained a weighty deal of phone number lookup stuff on the subject matter of repeal mobile phone lookup here in the present day when I checked not in this guide here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really approximating this post a lot plus in fact I would too similar to with the aim of be by the side of familiar terms with condition you have various sort of facebook page that reverse phone number lookup power be present able to facilitate get amazing done a rearrange cellular phone search about so that we be capable of hit upon out who the web publication owner is along with qualification with the intention of doesn't work, in everything probability by a phone lookup with the intention of tell what kind of twitter account they valor own seeing as well capacity live a intense belief. In addition to last rider not least be able to still attempt absent the telephone number lookup types of tools presented so to facilitate we can unearth not in all kinds of matter down those weird numbers at present quickly as well as easily before it can be also late.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best place to purchase Zoloft online to treat depressions. Don't worry about problems with the help of our medicine. Perfect quality products for all clients. 25 mg x 270 pills, 50 mg x 270 pills, 100 mg x 60 pills and other packages are available.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this show and don't really feel a pregnancy fits in with Mary's character. Unfortunately, it's life and we have to deal with it. I also really thought that Marshall was in love with her so having him in a serious relationship is a bummer. I hope Brandi is marrying the rich guy. I can't recall his name but he is so right for her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete